ASSISTANT EDITOR – DOCUMENTARY FEATURE FILM
CURRENTLY: On a temporary hold.
- Experience on feature-length documentary post-production.
- Proficient in Premiere Pro organizational methods (markers, proxy files, metadata, etc. ).
- Has an efficient and consistent process of intake and logging of assets.
- Intake and organization of assets.
- Work with Archival Producer — maintain a clean archive spreadsheet.
- Attach transcripts and log information on clip markers.
- Tidy up the existing Premiere Pro project.
- Pull selects and create rough assemblies.
Ideally, we would like an applicant who is culturally aware and familiar with the worlds
Project details: Maurice Hines: Bring Them Back
Maurice Hines, a charming, gay African-American entertainer navigates the challenges of show business while still grieving the loss of his more famous, often estranged younger brother, tap dance legend Gregory Hines. — more at @mauricehinesmovie
- This a JUNIOR level position, thus the rate will reflect this. It is ideal for an assistant editor with some real-world experience and still looking to grow.
- This is a freelance position.
- The first round of work will be approximately a two-week window.
- The company office is in Dumbo Brooklyn.
- The AE will learn more about documentary editing, especially in editing vértié and archive material. He or she may also be given greater creative opportunities on this documentary project and other projects at
CINQUA, based on their expertise.
TO APPLY, please fill out this quick 5 question application (link). You will be prompted to attach links and include references.